I had to do a some room remodel and needed a good portable work light. I wanted the following features:
- Powerful light source.
- Easy to move the unit around.
- Good light spread so lots of wall space would be lit.
- Collapsible to a manageable size for movement and storage.
- Low heat generation so the work space would not become any more uncomfortable from heat emanating from the light source. I had up to now used tungsten halogen lights and the rooms would really get warm.
- Low power use. This became a feature after my choice was made. I came to realize that in emergencies, this light could offer a reasonable light source from battery or generator.
The unit I chose was a Husky 3200 Lumen Multi – Directional LED Work light. Husky Product number: 1001 713 235
I have been very happy with this device. Here are some surprises:
- I found that I could more easily see the texture coat shooting spray if I positioned the light off to one side of the my texture gun or position the light low when shooting the ceiling so I could see the spray pattern.
- The three LED panels which can be swung around to best point the light is an incredible clever feature. I tend to move the two side LED panels around each time I re-position the light to customize where I want the light to fall.
- I could put this light into a tight space (see image below).
Update: April 7, 2018. I have come to realize that this is not a light for professional use but rather for home owners that take good care when using their equipment. My major complaint is the column locks and the tripod. The column locks are, at times, difficult to lock and unlock. Never use a wrench on those plastic locks. The tripod is often times a pain to deploy and retract. I have read reviews for this light and there is probably a much better unit to consider. that being PowerSmith.