A recent (December 15, 2017) United Nations report reveals a shocking measurement of how the United States has fallen in a whole host of categories. This report shows how the United States political system has really screwed the country, almost in total. The citizens, in particular have been shafted. The report really measures how far the United States has fallen in a long list of measurements.
Here are just a few examples:
- US infant mortality rates in 2013 were the highest in the developed world.
- In terms of access to water and sanitation the US ranks 36th in the world.
- US ranks 35th out of 37 in terms of poverty and inequality.
- America has the highest incarceration rate in the world.
- U.S. placed 28th in voter turnout.
When reading the report one should think about how this current catastrophe took place. Who is responsible for diminishing this country almost to ruin?
Notice how the news organizations in the United States seem to have avoided this subject. Why? Are they complicit?