I went shopping for a small crescent wrench at Home Depot. I found a wonderful and rather clever designed pliers that would outperform just about any small wrench I have in my tool kit. Here is what I like about it:
- The jaws have a clever design that easily grabs any bolt size up to 1 and 1/2 inches.
- The jaws can open up to 2 and 1/4 inches for grabbing other items that do not come around to hit the wrench for 3/4 inch to 1 inch.
- There is a push button on one side that is used to release and quickly allow the jaws to slide open or closed. This push button extends outward for about 1/2 inch to impede grabbing bolts that come out from a flat surface. The way around this problem is to flip the wrench over and try to remove the bolt.
- The grips are comfortable.
- Only 8 inches in length.
- Both ends of the wrench can be used to ream or stretch out or ream pipe up to 1 and 1/2 inch pipe.
- Rust protection.
- Limited lifetime warranty.