I am a T-Mobile use and July 4, 2021 I get a phone text message that appears to be sent by T-Mobile. Next is the full text I received into my cell phone.
T-Mobile / T-Mobile Limited Offer, Grab a chance to win prizes worth up to 100 USD. Visit:https://mobile1.blob.core.windows.net/74123/74123.html
Next is the web page that I am directed to.
Following are some of the survey questions. So far, this looks to be an honest T-Mobile event.
I had to complete 5 more questions.
I can receive a reward up to $100 cash, if I complete a survey about what I think of T-Mobile products and service. I complete the survey and then I am shown a very long list of alleged reward options to choose. I think this to be really odd. I select ear buds because I am unhappy with my newly purchased Apple Earbud Pro. Once I choose the earbuds, I am asked to pay for shipping and handling. I think this to be rather odd also. I am asked to fill out my credit card information. I complete the whole transaction and think this is done. A short time later I get an e-mail showing that the earbuds are being sent to me as a 15 day trial. I will then need to pay for the product. I was lied to and am not receiving any benefit. I am livid. I find a phone number and call to cancel the order.
- Cell phone message came from “firstname.lastname@example.org”. My search for this web site showed nothing. When I do a search for just “mobilbh.com”, I get the warning message “mobilbh.com’s server IP address could not be found.”
- Visit: https://mobile1.blob.core.windows.net/74123/74123.html
- Cell Phone: 844-995-1963. I called this number to cancel the order. I was told that the order was cancelled.
- Credit card charges: Jul 4, 2021. DANGOBUDS – ANC EARB. $5.95. Pending. I am worried that they may still try to charge me.
I then call T-Mobile and spent well over a half hour explaining this event with them. I was told that other customers have complained about this and that T-Mobile was tying to solve this issue.
- I failed to look at the address of the party that sent me the text message. The T-Mobile customer support told me that the address should show “T-Mobile”.
- When I viewed the really long list of :rewards” for my participation, I should have stopped and checked the situation out further.
- I send T-Mobile Media Relations a copy of this event, at the urging of the T-Mobile customer service person, I was on the phone with.
- I logged a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
Posted July 4, 2021