Getting iPad to Sync With MacBook Pro
The secret for me to get my SplashId Desktop version 6.0.1 to synchronize with my iPad was to turn the firewall OFF!
- Do NOT attempt to syncronize using Bluetooth. It will NOT work.
- Plug in the serial cable between the iPad and the laptop USB port.
- Open SplashID Safe desktop on your computer.
- Open SplashID on your iPad.
- Turn off the laptop firewall. (Apple menu>System Preferences>Security>[unlock the padlock with your logon code]>press the Stop button.
- Confirm that the correct IP Address is written. I found that 10.0.1.209 worked and 10.0.1.8 (desktop IP Address) also worked.
- Activate “Sync” button on the iPad screen bottom right.
- Wait for the synchronization to complete.
- Remember to turn ON the firewall when finished.