- Koch Brothers Allegidly Conducting Class Warfare
- The Republican Party Agenda
- Why Stop The Recovery?
- The Money Wall
- How the Rich Get Rich – Another Republican Lie
- The Rich Are Getting Richer
- Sand Box Fee
- Official And Unofficial U.S. Jobless Rate (June 2011)
- The Very Rich and the Tax Code
- The Three Legged Stool.
- The Libertarian Philosoply
- Unemployment Still Goes Up
- Unable To Connect The Dots.
- Social Darwinism
- Connecting The Dots
- Parachute Electorate
- Republican Economists Suspect
- Why Non Rich People Vote Republican – Some Ideas
This is further proof that the rich are allegedly using the Republican Party to game the system.
ForeignAffairs.com: “Increasing inequality in the United States has long been attributed to unstoppable market forces. In fact, as Jacob Hacker and Paul Pierson show, it is the direct result of congressional policies that have consciously — and sometimes inadvertently — skewed the playing field toward the rich.”
“… the financial rewards are increasingly concentrated among a tiny elite and whose risks are borne by an increasingly exposed and unprotected middle class.”
“Since the late 1970s, a number of important policy changes have tilted the economic playing field toward the rich. Congress has cut tax rates on high incomes repeatedly and has relaxed the tax treatment of capital gains and other investment income, resulting in windfall profits for the wealthiest Americans.”
The Republican Party’s “… is a shrewd and sensible part of a larger strategy to enrich corporations while gutting long-standing protections for the middle class.”
The article goes on to be even more explicit. “…business and the wealthy have all but vanquished the middle class and have thus been able to dominate policy making for the better part of 40 years with little opposition.”
The location for this article is here: http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/67046/robert-c-lieberman/why-the-rich-are-getting-richer