Apple Farm, San Luis Obispo, California, Room 100 Allegedly Flawed (Update August 2016)
In our prior review of this hotel and restaurant we gave this place a pretty good review. I wish to amend that prior review to warn anyone that room 100 on the ground floor is allegedly flawed and here are some of the reasons:
- The room is next to the elevator. This is not a big problem because the engineering and construction seems to have contained the noise level pretty low. I mention it because it adds to the overall sound deficiencies. People getting on and off the elevator rise the noise level at times.
- This room is directly under the main entrance and where you go to register at the main desk. The floors are not carpeted and people make a lot of noise with rolling luggage across the floor, elephant walkers and children jumping around. You would think the traffic in and out of the main entrance to this hotel would subside later in the night but this is impossible to predict. Noise is the main complaint. This room is unacceptably noisy due to this principal factor!
- This room is next to the pool. About five steps from the doors to this room leading to the pool and you are in it. The room has a cute little alcove with two chairs and a small table which is perfect for reading. The noise from the pool does enter this room. The pool is posted to be closed at 9 pm but people still will stay in the pool area after that time.
- A back entrance to this partial basement floor is a long passageway that shares the wall with this room so you have people walking along a shared wall from time to time going too and from the pool area. This passageway sometimes adds to the room noise.
- A light switch next to the inside front door turn nothing on or off. Ideally it should turn on some lamp to help you enter the room.
- The main light switch for the bathroom is on the far wall from the door. One must enter the dark room, find the switch which is some times blocked by a hanging towel. That is another mistake, putting a towel holder just above the light switch.
- The coffee maker is above the refrigerator by the distance of two drawers. It rests upon a shelf with no power. The solution for us was to drag the refrigerator out of the closet a few feet to gain access to the power behind it and rest the coffee maker upon the refrigerator.
- The bathroom sink has one of those high arching inverted “U” shaped water faucet. I had to swing this faucet to either side of the wash basin to wash my face. If I did not do this, I was forced to put my face to one side of the sink getting the top of the sink table wet. It is typically not a good idea to move water faucets like I did.
Summary: This room is unacceptable due to the noise. I do not recommend occupying this room. This rooms is attractive but the company fails to take note of details.