Fast And Easy Way To Present File Maker Pro Database Into WordPress.
I had a customer WordPress web site where I needed to share a File Maker Pro Advanced database. I wanted the data to appear in the web site. My Internet search sort of painted a rather dark picture in that I would have to deal with database migration tasks that I was unfamiliar. Suddenly I found a solution that was quick and rather elegant. Here are the steps:
- Take FileMaker Pro database and go to File > Save/Send Records As > PDF.
- Save the file where you can easily find it.
- Open your web site and go to Plugins > Add New.
- Do a search for “PDF Embedder” and install it.
- While in your web site change to the menu Posts > Add New and make a new post where the database will be shown. Add a good post header title. Next put a short paragraph explaining the database into the text portion of the post.
- After you make a new post, go near the top of the post page and click on “Add Media”.
- Add Media will show on your computer and then upload the PDF file in your computer.
- Once the media has completely uploaded into your web site host, then add that PDF to your web page.
Caution: I could NOT get Safari web browser to display the database (PDF) content.
PDF Embedder has made this process work rather well.