Alleged Failure Of US Intelligence
Opinion Based on Facts.
Alleged Failure Of US Intelligence
The gathering, processing, and analyzing national security information from around the world and now from inside the USA, by US intelligence agencies, may have resulted in a colossal failure that is damaging this country.
These alleged errors may have resulted from always looking outward from the United States for government agencies to investigate. Not until Donald Trump and actors that seem to surround him, such as Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates has the intelligence situation changes so much, so fast, for the United States.
Trump just may have created a new land bridge between the United States and Russia that the intelligence community are too stupid or timid or are politically influenced to examine.
Links between Trump associates and Russian officials
Robert Mueller’s investigation:
Mueller was instructed to conduct a narrow, fact-based criminal investigation. The Justice Department directed Mueller to limit his probe to individuals who were reasonably suspected of committing crimes which seemed to shut down any meaningful look into Trump having ties with Russia. Mueller also failed in these areas:
- Failed to examine Trump’s past history.
- Failed to examine Trump’s personal finances.
- Failed to get hold of and examine Trump’s tax records.
- Declined to issue a grand-jury subpoena for Trump’s testimony.
- Excluded from his report, a conclusion that Trump had committed crimes.
Robert Mueller’s investigation may be seen as a growing perceived failure as the United States is seen splitting apart over lies and truth.
Report: Justice Department Quietly Limited Robert Mueller’s Russia Investigation.
The Intelligence community should start reading some good books on the subject of Trump’s ties with Russia.
Here is a list if they are interested:
Peter Strzok, former deputy of the FBI counterintelligence division came out with a book “Compromised: Counterintelligence and the Threat of Donald J. Trump”. Strzok argues that Trump is compromised and doing Russia’s bidding.
Journalist Craig Unger, in his book, American Kompromat, sort of outlines when and how Donald Trump was cultivated as a Russian asset over 40 years.
Less specific books of interest:
RUSSIAN ROULETTE. The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
By Michael Isikoff and David Corn
THE ASSAULT ON INTELLIGENCE. American National Security in an Age of Lies
By Michael V. Hayden
- Why is it that there are so many concerns by some high level intelligence people that the Russians control Trump?
- Why is it that the first impeachment trial of Trump conducted by Mueller was moved away from investigating Trump in more detail?
- Why is it that now there is a journalist, Craig Unger, in his book, American Kompromat presents a sort of outlines when and how Donald Trump was cultivated as a Russian asset over 40 years.
As an alleged result from the apparent intelligence agencies being asleep at the wheel, the United States has slid toward being a backward nation:
1. Out-of-control U.S. fiscal and monetary policies
2. The rise of the police state
3. An inadequate and ineffective health care system
4. A rapidly degrading environment
5. A deteriorating infrastructure.
My point: If we find, at some point, that Trump was indeed a Russian asset, then it seems there was gross negligence by US intelligence agencies as shown next: United States Intelligence Community
There should be accountability for individuals and agencies who may have failed the American people. There should be some drastic action for change in the intelligence agencies such as rectification and possible systemic change that should take place in our intelligence agencies so this alleged screw up does not happen again.
A possible reason that the intelligence agencies may have backed away from revealing a tie between an Republican President and Russia is due to this: The Republican Crime Syndicate Takes Control.
Posted: February 5, 2021
Revised: February 15, 2021