There are two current Democrat senators, Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema, who appear to be trying every avenue to thwart the Biden agenda to vastly improve the planet from climate devastation, improve the crumbling US infrastructure and improve the lives of most citizens. Why would anyone impede this terrific positive political move forward? Let me list some possibilities for you to consider:
#1). Are they working for the plutocracy class to turn the United States into a fascist country by making the Democratic Party look to be a failure?
- Umberto Eco, (1932 to 2016) was an Italian medievalist, philosopher, semiotician, cultural critic, political and social commentator, and novelist. His prescription for ‘Ur-Fascism lists 14 items that reveals if a society is fascist. “Trumpism as currently practiced in the US hits all 14.” https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/07/30/Fourteen-Steps-To-Fascism/https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/16/if-trump-looks-like-a-fascist-and-acts-like-a-fascist-then-maybe-he-is-one
- Robert Owen Paxton (born June 15, 1932) is an American political scientist and historian1998 paper “The Five Stages of Fascism”. It is reported that the United States has reached mile marker two out of the five, within that road map.
- Because the actions of Manchin and Sinema appear to be working to help the Republican Party then consider this. “The Republican Party has turned fascist – it is now the most dangerous threat in the world”
It is very suspicious that these two senators may be working for the Republican Party and thus the move toward fascism for the United States.
- The current leader of the Republican Party, Trump, is reported to be a fascist so if you see a connection between Manchin and Sinema toward aiding the Republican Party then why?
#2). Looking at the past actions of Manchin and Sinema, it seems quite clear that both are doing their best to make themselves happy, reward themselves, and not consider how to do their paid job to better for the whole nation. It is all about themselves and very little for the people they represent.
- Manchin evidently wrote a memo “dated July 28 and first reported by Politico from Manchin to Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), in which he outlined his priorities on the spending bill beyond the dollar figure.”
- “The Koch network has been actively pressuring Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin to oppose key legislative items linked to Biden’s agenda, including filibuster reform and voting rights legislation.” Wikipedia shows that the Koch network “lobby against efforts to expand government’s role in health care and climate change mitigation.”
- Manchin is allegedly defending corporate interests: “Law firms represent the second largest source of donations to Manchin’s campaign committee …” “ And all of these lawyers have a major stake in what happens with Biden’s new tax plan.”
- Manchin has personal coal interests. He owns a sake in a coal company run by his son. “Coal dollars are floating his boat.”
- Thumbs down to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- Holdout for scrapping the filibuster.
- Fails to support President Biden’s agenda.
Sinema has received “a big assist from the pharmaceutical and financial industries, whose political action committees and top executives stuffed her coffers in the middle of negotiations on Democrats’ massive infrastructure and social spending bills.”
Summary: It is possible that both Manchin and Sinema honest intention is to not work toward moving the United States being a fascist country but it still remains that their possible stupid actions are working toward that end. In any case, they seem to be working toward their own self interests and not for the whole nation.
Consider What You Can Do:
- Work toward impeaching both Manchin and Sinema.
- Do everything to diminish the power of the plutocracy actors and organizations that have supported these two politicians.
- Consider not doing any business within the geographical area where each senator represents their constituents. If the voters in Manchin’s and Sinema’s political districts support politicians that work against what is best for the rest of us, then why not stop offering any personal support to people and business within those geographical areas? Do not stay in hotels and motels in those areas. Do not buy products that are manufactured or sold in those districts.
- If both Manchin and Sinema vote to support President Biden’s Build Back Better plan and it passes Congress then Score Card will remove this post.
Posted October 31, 2021