Possible Pending Sedition
- Article of Impeachment Against Former President Donald John Trump Results
- Possible Results If Republicans Vote To Not Impeach.
- What Alleged District Of Columbia Crimes Could Donald Trump Be Charged With For Attack On Congress?
- Sedition Of January 6, 2021 – Some Surprising Issues Revealed
- What Alleged Crimes Could Donald Trump Be Charged With For Attack On Congress?
- Possible Pending Sedition
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette newspaper endorses Trump for allegedly flawed reasons.
- ‘Nodding woman’ At Trump Town Hall, October 16, 2020
- List of Trump’s Alleged Mistakes and Crimes.
I have, for the longest time, wondered if a dictatorship could take place in the United States. As I watch the progression of U.S. politics, it appears to me that we have quite a few individuals who are now and probably more in the future that support the United States loosing our democracy and sliding into becoming a dictatorship. This view is promoted by witnessing all the boot lickers in government who fail to tell the truth and work toward a truthful end and pander to a president who is so self centered.
There seems to be a current process for the slide from democracy to dictatorship by President Donald Trump, to delegitimize our last fair election and overturn the results so he can stay in power another four years.
By most measures, the 2020 past election for president and vice president was fair. So far, the most shining aspect of the American Democracy is how fantastic the legal system has worked to protect our Democratic system. Just think for a moment of how it is that over 50 courtroom judges all came to the same conclusion that the 2020 presidential election was fair. This single aspect stopped Donald Trump from becoming an alleged dictator.
One significant problem with a democracy is it is open to a lot of opportunities as compared to a dictatorship which is based on tight control of the citizens. This democracy openness offers corrupt politicians the opportunity to use the system against itself. Here are some examples of corrupting methods used by politicians and political parties to gain and keep power:
- influence peddling
The actual voting process is not always fair.
Possible Corrupt Voting Practices:
- Hacking voting machines.
- Voter intimidation.
- Attacks on poling places.
- Entitlement to vote is challenged.
- Racial voter restrictions.
One more factor that supports a well running democracy are the values that come with that form of government.
- Work toward the common good.
- Honesty and truthfulness.
- Knowledge of public affairs.
One more factor that hopefully goes against corruption is the factor of norms. Norms are best past practices that favor a well working democracy. President Trump has broken quite a few.
Let’s take the legal aspect one step further. Once in power, a politician and a political party just might try to overturn the results of an election. The problem with this effort is how legal the process is. As already stated, our legal system put a stop to this illegal attempt. So is there a penalty for trying to overturn the rule of the people? Yes there is:
Sedition: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
Seditious conspiracy: (18 U.S.C. § 2384) is a crime under United States law. It is stated as follows:
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
As soon as the electoral college certify that Biden properly won the new US president election then the immunity of politicians who are fighting against Biden winning being president by political means should disappear. Then, any actions to overthrow the election results, after the electoral college certifies that Biden won, could be construed as act(s) of sedition.
Possible pending 2020 sedition actors:
- Donald Trump who constantly claims he won the election.
- Any individual especially a politician who supports this overthrow.
- Any media that promotes the overthrow of the current U.S. government:
- Facebook with Mark Zuccerberg being the person responsible for allowing and possible enhancing the a platform of overthrow.
- Fox “News” for allowing and possible promoting a platform of overthrow.
- Newsmax for allowing and possible promoting a platform of overthrowing the results of the election.
Another despicable factor in Donald Trump trying to overturn the legitimate election results is this process has seemed to undermine the confidence in American democratic processes for a significant group of American citizens. This possible erosion for accepting our current form of government, right now, might impact the future of our nation.
Posted January 3, 2020