Here is the truth as to what is going on with the Republican Party. And, it does not look very good.
The Republican Party for years was made up with white conservatives. Over time the United States is less white and less conservative. The Republicans had two choices to make recently so the party could survive. One choice is to widen their party ideals to include minorities and become a bit more liberal. The second choice is to still retain their current values but cheat to retain power. They decided to cheat. They are thus transforming their approach at the local and state level to embrace one party rule using white Christian nationalism as their vision for the future for the United States. This means you are not included in the efforts of the Republican Party if you are not Christian, white, and conservative. So why would minority voters such as black, hispanics, asians, etc vote Republican? The answer is, if they are smart, they will not.
“Christian nationalism has its own version of the “elect,” those chosen by God. They are “people like us,” meaning conservative Christian, but also white, natural-born citizens. Moreover, in a prosperous nation, only “the elect” should control the political process while others must be closely scrutinized, discouraged, or even denied access. This ideology is fundamentally a threat to a pluralistic, democratic society.”
“Republicans have been demeaning African Americans to attract the white working class for decades. Fixed worldview whites perceive African Americans and immigrant groups as threats. But African Americans and immigrant groups don’t view themselves as threats. Republicans are the threat to them.”
“… legislation over the years has advanced the voting opportunities, educational and social rights of African Americans, little has been done to improve their general treatment and perception by the legal system.”
“Several Asian American members of Congress implored Republicans on Thursday to tone down their rhetoric in the wake of attacks on the Asian American community, with one Democratic lawmaker accusing a Republican of placing a “bull’s-eye” on them with his comments about China.”
So then how can the Republican Party overcome a significant drop in people who will vote for their party? The answer is to change the voting rules so minority voters are discouraged or removed from voting. The Republican Party is currently changing the local and state voting rules to limit minority voters. The GOP is thus cheating rather than competing.
VOTER DISCRIMINATION TACTICS BEING USED BY THE GOP:
Reference for the items listed below:
- “In Georgia, lawmakers have made it a crime to provide food and water to voters standing in line at the polls.”
- “In Texas, people have been arrested and given outrageous sentences for what amount at most to innocent mistakes made during the voting process.”
- “Due to racial bias in the criminal justice system, felony disenfranchisement laws disproportionately affect Black and Brown people, who often face harsher sentences than white people for the same offenses.”
- “purging eligible voters from rolls for illegitimate reasons or based on inaccurate data, and often without adequate notice to the voters.”
- “…too often, states use redistricting as a political tool to manipulate the outcome of elections. That’s called gerrymandering”.
- “…strict ID laws are part of an ongoing strategy to suppress the vote.”
- “Over 21 million U.S. citizens do not have qualifying government-issued photo identification, and these individuals are disproportionately voters of color. That’s because ID cards aren’t always accessible for everyone.”
Another factor that enters this mix is the power of the plutocracy class. Large business owners do not want to see any of the issues listed below expanded because it might curb their freedom to do as they want.
- Raise taxes on the wealthy. It is reported that a lot of very wealthy individuals pay little or no income tax.
- Raise corporate taxes.
- Unions are considered a threat to business management because it adds a separate level of accountability to be fair to their workers.
- Government regulations.
Reference for above item list:
MAKE DEMOCRATS FAIL
Another tactic that the Republicans are using to increase their position among the electorate is to do everything in their power to make the Democratic president Biden fail. The Congressional Republicans will not support anything that Biden wants. Republicans are now the party without any agenda except to achieve power. They thus fail to work for the electorate but for their own self centered interests and the interests of the plutocracy. The idea here is to paint President Biden as a looser, a failure in the minds of the voters so the voters pick Republicans in the next election. Joseph Manchin III and Kyrsten Sinema, both Democrats, just might be part of this plot.
This country needs to pass the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act
to save our form of government, a true free DEMOCRACY!
POSTED: JANUARY 22, 2022