Note: This article is not complete and over time more information may be provided because this subject is huge and changing.
- Republicans seem to fail to appreciate how much better democracy is than any other form of government. Quite a few are willing to embrace Fascism.
- Conservatives seem to lack having a good education because they have some pretty unhinged political beliefs that point back to them making well unreasoned political decisions.
- If Republicans had a good education, they seem to lack the ability to put it to work by organizing what is important and what does not matter much. History is full of teaching relationships which seem lost with much of the Republican Party.
- Conservatives have difficulty accepting anyone who looks different then themselves when measured by looking in the mirror. Quite a few Republicans live in white only communities and these conservatives do not feel comfortable around anyone who does not look and talk like themselves. This is one reason for their bias against immigration and minority aid.
- The rich have learned how to not pay taxes thus getting more wealthy. One reason for this is the tax code is somewhat flawed. Gains from long-term investments, such as from stock sales, are taxed at a lower rate. The rich then use their wealth to pay politicians for tax lowering favors. Democrats were the ones who were most interested in a higher tax burden for the wealthy.
- For some rather stupid reason Republicans think that there should be a smaller role for the federal government. A huge county like the United States requires a lot of government administration and support for it’s citizens. Larger government costs more and the wealthy class of Republicans want to pay as little in taxes as possible. But they utterly fail to realize that every citizen pays taxes (they pay less) and government is in business of serving the needs of all citizens as equally as possible and differentiating some services according to need.
“According to a 2021 White House study, the wealthiest 400 billionaire families in the US paid an average federal individual tax rate of just 8.2 percent. For comparison, the average American taxpayer in the same year paid 13 percent.”
- They think government should function for the betterment of the rich class of people and not spend money for the general population by paying for Medicare and Social Security.
Republicans keep asking that Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid be funded less or done away with. Problem is that the citizens of the United States have already paid into those three insurance plans:
Social Security Disability Insurance is a payroll tax-funded federal insurance program of the United States government.
Medicare Insurance is a government national health insurance program in the United States. Medicare is funded by the Social Security Administration. Which means it’s funded by taxpayers.
Medicaid Insurance is a federal and state program that helps with healthcare costs for some people with limited income and resources. The program is funded jointly by states and the federal government.